Greetings

Hello fellow ASEAN citizens. Thank you for reading our blogs. You can feel free to participate with our activities. If you feel you want your article to be posted here or want to join our team, please send mail to: samsokrith@gmail.com.

2008-08-13

Horta Visits Manila


There was some uptight atmosphere when I came to school yesterday. Suddenly, I saw that familiar flag I've been seeing quite a couple of times around this blog. Then the news came to me later.

Jose Ramos-Horta, President of Timor-Leste is on a 4-day visit here in the Philippines and visits my school. I wanted to see him in personal (and tell him that I've been promoting his country on this blog, haha!) but I was unfortunate to even see his convoy at the gates.

Pres. Horta is here from August 10 to 14 and meets with Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to expand bilateral cooperation in business and trade and sign bilateral agreements on academic cooperation and on fishing.

Horta is also expected to speak at several colleges before he leaves town.

A memorandum of understanding will be signed to allow Timorese diplomats to undergo training at the Philippine Foreign Service Institute.

-------------------------------------------
To Pres. Horta;
Nós esperamos que você apreciou sua estada aqui nas Filipinas! Nós estamos esperando uns laços mais fortes entre seu país e as Filipinas!

No comments: